Have you complied with HIPAA, GLB and/or FACTA data destruction requirements? 5 signs that you may not be in compliance
Your electronic recycler…
- Is not certified for digital data destruction
- Doesn’t shred hard drives at your location
- Fails to generate a serial number report for all destroyed hard drives
- Avoids signing a data destruction agreement
- Does not have professional liability (E&O) insurance – general liability does not cover inadvertent or negligent mistakes associated with data destruction
New regulations and mandatory fines, as well as increasing enforcement, have dramatically increased the potential of damages resulting from inadvertent or negligent mistakes.
By having the proper Professional Liability Insurance in place, we are able to take financial responsibility.
Don’t take risk.